Passing with Control/Dribbling Varation II
We would like to thank the winning author of this weeks drill of the week for the created graphics and animations. We would also like to thank all other users who use our graphic and animation tools daily but were not selected this week. Please keep on trying! You are the reason why easy2coach becomes awesome worldwide.
Author: John Paul Fraser
Player A starts the passing sequence with a pass to player B. He then runs diagonlly infield while B sprints towards cone III and D to cone II. Player A controls the ball played back from B with one touch, runs with the ball for one or two meters and then passes to C. A runs diagonally and receieves the ball from C with Cs first touch. C then runs around cone III to cone I where he joins the next sequence. At the same time player E sprints towards player A. A changes direction after controlling the ball and dribbles at speed towards player E and tries to go past him with a trick. The coach decides whether player E should be active or passive. E is replaced by anbother palyer and joins at the start position.
Start by running the drill slowly and then speed up. The receiver should always make a small, dynamic dummy run away from or to the side of the ball before receiving the ball. The drill can be extremely tiring when conducted quickly with only four players.
– Under time pressure, this drill is very game realistic.
– The reciever should call for the ball.
– Pass and run timing is important
– Players often run faster than their pass.
– Don’t forget the runs.
– Demand good pass precision.
– Pass precision is more important than pass speed.
– Concentration must be held at all times.
– The players will need a certain amount of time until they have mastered the drill.
– A good touch and passing skills are required.
– Anticipation, awareness, reaction, speed of thought and movement with and without the ball are continuously required.
– The drill should be completed at top speed.
– A trick should be used together with successful offensive tackling
We hope that you enjoyed this drill.
We also look forward to new suggestions or requests that you can easily send us as a comment in the blog or via email..
Click here if you want to access our drill database.Over 500 public drills are waiting for you
In case you like this football drill, we would be very happy if you could share this one below or if you visit us in www.easy2coach.net.